Director of Music Ministry – Part Time
Trinity United Church of Christ is seeking a Director of Music Ministry to provide Christ-centered vocal and/or instrumental music for all worship services and Church-sponsored programs. We plan to fill this position within the next two to three months.
Duties of the Director of Music
- Reports to the Pastor and the Personnel Team.
- Plan, rehearse and perform music for weekly 10:30 a.m. Sunday worship service, including assistance with congregational hymn selection.
- Plan, rehearse and direct the Chancel Choir during the program year
- Play for special services (Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Christmas Eve) and for weddings and funerals
- Approve outside musicians and guest musicians
- Assist in finding coverage when away from the church
- Attend Worship Ministry meetings, staff meetings & participate in worship planning
Compensation: $12,500 per year (negotiable)
- Berghaus Pipe Organ rebuilt in 1990 and regularly serviced.
- Young-Chang baby grand piano
- Trinity owns a 5-octave set of Handbells and Hand chimes, currenly under-used
Adult Chancel Choir (SATB)
Children’s Choir (sings on holidays)
Pew Hymnal: The Hymnal for Worship & Celebration (1986 Word Music)
Also available: The New Century Hymnal, The African American Heritage Hymnal
Choral Library containing more than 700 anthems, as well as cantatas, choral response books.
TO APPLY: PLEASE SEND RESUME’ AND REFERENCES BY EMAIL OR MAIL.